Austin Williams is looking for a candidate capable of directing account activity strategically, operationally and financially. This role’s responsibilities include developing overall brand strategy and providing guidance for the agency teams to implement it. Along with this responsibility comes a charge to understand clients’ businesses well enough to provide them optimal counsel and grow them when and where appropriate. Additionally, the account director is tasked with fostering an environment that encourages constructive collaboration within the account team, across the agency, and with external partners (including both clients and partner agencies).
The candidate must be able to work in our Hauppauge, NY office.
- Be the lead contact for the client, with strong relationships at the senior level.
- Lead cross-functional teams at a macro level in a fast-paced environment with confidence and poise.
- Make significant contributions to new business pitches and take the lead in onboarding new clients.
- Contribute independent ideas and thinking to make the agency team and work output smarter.
- Bring good judgment, a broader perspective and stress management to all situations, unexpected or other.
- Drive client and agency results to meet or beat expectations.
- Lead with a collaborative style that promotes team cooperation, relationship building, integration, efficiency and inclusion.
- Manage account P&L, account growth, client satisfaction and retention.
- Seek out opportunities to improve the agency’s profitability by increasing revenue or reducing cost.
- Develop client staff plans, statements of work and compensation agreements.
- Maintain accurate and updated time sheets.
- Provide big picture strategic thinking, vision and insights to drive potential ideas and put them into action.
- Develop an understanding of clients’ businesses that helps make the team a go-to strategic (and production) resource.
- Write disruptive briefs with a perspective on work that is valued and admired.
- Study and analyze the general cultural and economic environment in order to provide better client marketing counsel.
- Be able to craft a strong presentation and deliver it as a talented showman (or woman).
- Lead insightful, well-rationalized strategic recommendations and points of view, with minimal input, and sell them to the client.
- Articulate effective strategic rationale and logic flow.
- Be clear, concise, articulate, focused, persuasive, wise, responsive and confident.
- Responsible for leading her or his team.
- Inspire a passion for advertising by understanding the power of a brand and marketing’s role in building one.
- Manage needs of team members to maximize learning, personal development and productivity.
- Develop performance reviews, rotating staff, and provide compensation recommendations.
- Don’t be a crybaby or prima donna (!)
- Manifest a can-do attitude.
- Be polite and respectful, always.
- Be a team player.
- Honor AW culture and policies.
- Be visible.
- Have the “worry factor.”
- Contribute positively to agency morale.
- Be a leader and a role model.
Years of experience: 7+